How to repair
a minor crack in concrete - How to fill a gap in concrete
- How to repair a small hole in concrete
How to repair a minor
crack in concrete:
1. Clean the area so that it is free of debris. You can
sweep it out, or use a wire brush or vacuum it out with a
shop vac. It must be dry before you move to step 2.
2. Apply caulk into crack. Use an ample amount of caulk to
fill the crack to just above the surrounding surface.
3. Take a trowel and smooth out the caulk so that it is
level with the surrounding area. If the crack is small
enough, you can use your finger to smooth out the caulk
(make sure to wear a rubber glove).
4. let dry for at least two hours.
How to fill a gap in
1. Make sure the area is dry and clear of debris.
2. Take caulking and apply it to the entire length of the
gap. Use generously
3. You can even out the caulking with a glove-covered
finger, a trowel, or the back of a spoon rubbed with oil
you can use any oil—baby vegetable, olive, even suntan
4. let dry for at least 4 hours.
How to repair a small
hole in concrete:
1. Break away any loose or unstable material. The easiest
way to do this is with a small chisel and hammer.
2. Clean up any excess debris. If you can use a shop vac,
it’s best. Make sure area is dry
3. Use a paintbrush to apply the bonding adhesive to the
entire area that needs to be patched.
4. Fill the area with the reinforced patching compound,
only adding about ‘4 inch at a time.
5. Wait about 30 minutes for the layer to dry.
6. Apply additional layers until you have filled the hole
to just above the surrounding surface area.
7. Use a trowel to smooth out the area being repaired,
until it is level with the surrounding area, its okay to
let the mixture feather over the surrounding area to get a
good, level base.
8. Allow the mixture to cure (or dry). Although it will
take months to completely cure, you will begin to see
hardening within the first few minutes, and it will be
hard enough to walk on within 2 hours.